Liter to Gallon Conversion (Convert l to gal)
To convert from liter to gallon (l to gal), please enter value for liter in from input box. You can also convert from gallon to liter (gal to l)
Litres to Gallons( l to gal) Relation
The names of the units are same in both US and Imperial system,but the relation is not. The sizes of the units vary, sometimes considerably. This has always generated a plenty of confusion in mathematics. We’ll see the differences in details.
How many liters in a gallon?
- There are 3.785 litres in 1 gallon( US liquid gallon).
- There are 4.54609 litres in 1 gallon ( UK imperial gallon).
Liter To Gallon Conversion Chart
|Liter (l)||Gallon (gal)|
|0.01 l||0.002642007926023778 gal|
|0.1 l||0.026420079260237782 gal|
|1 l||0.2642007926023778 gal|
|2 l||0.5284015852047556 gal|
|5 l||1.321003963011889 gal|
|10 l||2.642007926023778 gal|
|20 l||5.284015852047556 gal|
|50 l||13.21003963011889 gal|
|100 l||26.42007926023778 gal|
|500 l||132.1003963011889 gal|
|1000 l||264.2007926023778 gal|
|Unit system||Non-SI unit accepted for use with SI|
|Symbol||L or l or (ℓ)|
The litre (British and Commonwealth spelling) or liter (American spelling) (SI symbols L and l, other symbol used: ℓ) is a metric unit of volume. It is equal to 1 cubic decimetre (dm3), 1000 cubic centimetres (cm3) or 0.001 cubic metre (m3). A cubic decimetre (or litre) occupies a volume of 10 cm × 10 cm × 10 cm and is thus equal to one-thousandth of a cubic metre.
|Unit system||US customary units and the British imperial systems|
The gallon is a unit of measurement for volume and fluid capacity in both the US customary units and the British imperial systems of measurement. There are four quarts in a gallon and eight pints in a gallon, and they have different sizes in different systems.
Three significantly different sizes are in current use:
- The imperial gallon (imp gal), defined as 4.54609 litres, which is used in the United Kingdom, Canada, and some Caribbean nations;
- The US gallon (US gal) defined as 231 cubic inches (exactly 3.785411784 litres), which is used in the US and some Latin American and Caribbean countries; and
- The US dry gallon ("usdrygal"), defined as 1⁄8 US bushel (exactly 4.40488377086 litres).